The SCLGA recently signed the Women in Golf Charter, an initiative launched by the R&A to encourage more and better participation by women in golf. We ask that everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career. Here are more details about the R&A Women in Golf Charter.
How we at SCLGA plan to achieve this:
1. Excellence governance- to adopt standards,policies and procedures in line with best practice.
2. Introduce a Player Development Programme
3. Monitor Women’s and Junior girls golf participation across the County.
4. Support Junior golf within the County and increase participation at all levels.
5. SCLGA are financially committed to support the development and involvement of Women and Girls in golf within Sussex
6. Comply with all Safeguarding
7. Adopt an ED&I inclusion policy for 2023 in accordance with England Golf’s ED&I policy
8. Appoint a designated Charter Champion within the County who can assist with the promotion and reporting of the charter
Sussex Clubs involved in the Women in Golf Charter
Congratulations to the following clubs for adopting the Women in Golf Charter. Click here to see how your club can get involved.
Brighton & Hove Golf Club
Chichester Golf Club
Cowdray Park Golf Club
Dyke Golf Club
Eastbourne Downs Golf Club
Highwoods Golf Club
Hill Barn Golf Club
Holtye Golf Club
Horsham Golf Club
Piltdown Golf Club
Singing Hills Golf Club
Worthing Golf Club