The start sheet for the Seniors Meeting at Piltdown on Thursday 5th July is available to view here along with the Seniors Start Sheet Notes. Seniors Piltdown Start Sheet 2018 Seniors Start Sheet Notes...read more
Copthorne hosted the Kathleen Rider Foursomes on Monday 11th June which saw 190 players teeing off on a slightly chilly morning but soon progressed into a beautiful sunny day with a stiffer breeze in the late afternoon. The course was reported to be in good condition...read more
The Kathleen Rider Foursomes takes place on Monday 11th June at Copthorne. The weather looks set to be fine, sunny and warm! With 190 competitors on the course it will be a long day for all with the earliest out at 8am (Copthorne v Pyecombe) and the last teeing off...read more
Congratulations to Alison Vans Agnew in the England Golf Senior Series at Porters Park where she finished 1st in the ladies category with 37 points and 3rd overall! Click for results...read more
Yesterday, Cottesmore Golf Club saw half the clubhouse complex burn down with devastating consequences. The whole site is closed whilst the club takes stock and plans a way forward until further notice. There are a number of matches due to take place at Cottesmore...read more
Horsham District Council has initiated the Sussex Junior Player Series which is a great way for boys and girls aged 5 and over to start playing golf in a fun environment. If you know of anyone who would benefit from getting into this great game at an early age, then...read more
Please note for Junior Girls that the Beginners Golf session which was scheduled for Sunday 24th June has been cancelled. All other coaching sessions as detailed on the Junior pages of the website will take place as scheduled.read more
Get into Golf isn't just an initiative for Junior Girls it's also for beginners women who are nervous about playing this wonderful game. There's a few facility online by clicking Get into...read more
There are 57 affiliated clubs and nearly 3,500 playing lady members in Sussex
What the SCLGA committee do:
- Administer the needs of all the affiliated members and golf clubs in Sussex.
- Encourage play at all levels and identify and nurture talent.
- We provide an advisory service on handicapping, rules and any matter concerning amateur golf.
- Organise and find venues for County Championships for all ages.
- Arrange inter-county matches for girls through to senior level.
- Develop elite golfers and select and support county teams.
- Collect affiliation fees from the playing members of Sussex Clubs and promote the county card scheme. This is the only source of funds the County Association receives.
- Represent Sussex in national issues.
The SCLGA committee for 2018 is 17 elected members who work on a voluntary basis. We all work towards encouraging golf for everyone from grass roots to elite status. I look forward to meeting many of you during 2018, however, if you would like to discuss anything please do not hesitate to email me here.
SCLGA on Social Media
If you’ve any interesting club news worth publishing, please contact Jacs Marlio here.