"Due to extremely wet conditions England Golf have decided to extend the 'preferred lies' term to 31st May. Clubs should assess the requirement for preferred lies on a weekly basis and not use the Local Rule(s) beyond what is necessary. Clubs are responsible for...read more
The final day of the Scratch Foursomes at East Sussex National didn't bring much relief from the unusual April heat, instead some very exciting matches with the semi-finalists of Pyecombe against Crowborough Beacon and West Sussex versus Rye. The morning matches were...read more
Another scorching April day at East Sussex National welcomed the remaining teams. The morning rounds were completed in good order and the afternoon line-up was as follows: Worthing and Pyecombe Crowborough Beacon and Chichester Cottesmore and West Sussex Rye and...read more
Ten of the Elite Girls Squad attended 2 days of training recently at Dale Hill Golf Club, with one days expert coaching from Rob Chruszcz. This is an important part of their tuition and usually gives an added impetus to the new season! The weather wasn’t kind, the...read more
The first Junior OOM competition took place this week at Royal Ashdown Forest on their West Course in damp and overcast conditions. There were 10 entries and despite the very wet and soggy course, there were some very good scores. New girl Lilah Sinclair won the...read more
The Girls Golf Rocks initiative kicked off earlier this month at Cottesmore and Dale Hill Golf Clubs. Designed specifically for girls aged between 5 and 18 it offers all participants a free initial taster session, girls-only coaching courses and the chance to get out...read more
The limit for Division 4 players is 36, any team member with a higher handicap may play; but must play off a maximum handicap of 36.read more
There are 57 affiliated clubs and nearly 3,500 playing lady members in Sussex
What the SCLGA committee do:
- Administer the needs of all the affiliated members and golf clubs in Sussex.
- Encourage play at all levels and identify and nurture talent.
- We provide an advisory service on handicapping, rules and any matter concerning amateur golf.
- Organise and find venues for County Championships for all ages.
- Arrange inter-county matches for girls through to senior level.
- Develop elite golfers and select and support county teams.
- Collect affiliation fees from the playing members of Sussex Clubs and promote the county card scheme. This is the only source of funds the County Association receives.
- Represent Sussex in national issues.
The SCLGA committee for 2018 is 17 elected members who work on a voluntary basis. We all work towards encouraging golf for everyone from grass roots to elite status. I look forward to meeting many of you during 2018, however, if you would like to discuss anything please do not hesitate to email me here.
SCLGA on Social Media
If you’ve any interesting club news worth publishing, please contact Jacs Marlio here.