We have two vacancies on the SCLGA Board of Directors and Committee later this year (1st November) when Judith Dingle, County Hon.Sec and Jacs Marlio (Comms Director) finish their terms of office with the SCLGA.
This is a key position on the SCLGA Board to organise all our Board and Competition Committee meetings and to liaise with clubs. The successful candidate should be able to:
- Prepare agendas and minutes for all Board and Committee meetings and prepare and circulate reports.
- Oversee all communication to nominated contacts at golf clubs.
- Prepare entry forms and draw sheets for county competitions and update the rules.
- Maintain all formal Company documents and update Companies House as required.
- Collect and maintain database for team captains/ club officials/ Board & Committee members etc.
- Deal with all ad hoc correspondence.
For this role you need to be well organised and have excellent written English with good attention to detail. You will also need to be a competent user of Word and Excel. A key part of this role is liaising with the Board and the Competitions Committee so good interpersonal skills are an asset.
To find out more regarding the County Secretary please contact Judith Dingle either at Home: 01444 471007 Mobile: 07528 010209 or E: email@example.com
We are looking for somebody to take on this important position on the SCLGA Board to oversee all our communications with members via the website and social media. The applicant will:
- Keep the website refreshed with up to date news, entry forms, calendar, results etc.
- Proactively identify relevant material to post on the website and social media.
- Manage the social media sites (Instagram, Twitter & Facebook).
- Copy reports and upload photos for all county events and matches.
- Update the Board of Directors on Comms activities.
- Take the lead on England Golf initiatives such as Girls Golf Rocks, Get into Golf and promote accordingly.
- Advise on the best way to communicate key messages, identify areas that require improvement.
For this role you need to have excellent written English with good attention to detail. You will need to be a competent user of various computer packages including Word, Excel, email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and photo.
For both of these roles, it offers candidates a great opportunity to get involved in golf in the County and you will have the chance to make a really important contribution and influence the decisions made. This is a busy role throughout the golfing season but with remote access it can be dealt with whilst away from home.
To find out more concerning the Comms Director role, please contact Jacs Marlio either at Home: 01892 513963 or Mobile: 07789 872911 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, Pat Johns, County Captain, would be willing to discuss this further with you strictly in confidence – contact her here:
H: 01273 831242 M: 07833 510712 E: email@example.com