We are looking for a new Competitions Director to join the SCLGA Board from November this year.
The term of office is 5 years and is suited to somebody who has plenty of experience of running competitions, ideally for the County, is comfortable with IT and is happy leading a team. The successful candidate would be responsible for:
- finding venues for all the main County competitions for the following year;
- running the County Championship, the Beryl Pockett meeting and the County Championship when hosted by Sussex
- preparing information packs to support members of the Competitions Committee running the various County competitions and providing guidance and support to committee members;
- overseeing the Division Secretaries and carrying out the Division and Morrice Foursomes draws;
- chairing the Competitions Committee and presenting at the AGM;
- maintaining the Trophy log.
This is a time-consuming yet rewarding role requiring extensive liaison with the County captain and other Board and Committee members.
County Competitions Committee
In addition, we seek three ladies to join the County Competitions Committee from November this year. The initial term of office is 3 years but may be extended if you become a Division Secretary.
As a committee member you will be responsible for running or assisting with at least two County events every year and are expected to attend 6 committee meetings each year (currently meetings are on Zoom). All candidates will need to demonstrate that they have experience of working collaboratively as part of a team, planning and running events and have basic computer skills (Excel, Word, Score entry etc).
Under the SCLGA Rules, all members of the Competitions Committee must be members of different golf clubs.
These vacancies will remain open until 5th October 2020.