Carol Smith, our current Treasurer will stand down at the end of this season (November AGM) having completed six years in the post. We are looking for somebody to take on this key position on the committee to oversee the County finances and ensure we continue with strong financial management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Prepare annual accounts and arrange for them to be audited.
- Liaise with Sussex County Golf Union on collection of member Affiliation fees.
- Manage the bank account on a day to day basis, including payment of expenses.
- Collect entry fees from Clubs for competitions and Club affiliation fees.
- Liaise with SCLGA event organisers to reconcile entry fees and pay competition expenses.
- Organise the County Cards.
- Prepare budgets to ensure that overall expenditure reflects our income.
For this role you need to be comfortable dealing with money and ideally would have a financial background – but you do not need to be an accountant. You will be liaising with a lot of different people in this role so good interpersonal and communication skills would be an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in golf in the County and you will have the chance to make a really important contribution and influence the decisions made.
If you think you can help or would like to discuss this role further, please get in touch with either:
Carol Smith – M: 07525831000 E: email@example.com
Ann Carnegie (County Captain) – M:07818 847266 E: firstname.lastname@example.org