Twenty four girls played in the Junior Autumn Meeting at Royal Eastbourne GC on Sunday 14th September. This end of season finale also includes the Juniors’ Annual Awards which celebrate their success throughout the year.
The winner of this year’s Autumn Meeting was Rebecca Losh from Worthing (pictured left) with a fantastic 43 points. Rebecca is just ten years old and has only achieved her official handicap of 36 in the last few weeks, a great reward for all that hard work Rebecca, well played.
Youth certainly showed the way as the Langridge Order of Merit went to Goodwood’s Yasmin Hang (right) aged 12, and the Juliet Morgan Trophy for the most improved player was awarded to Katie Field of Bognor Regis. Katie (left), also 12, reduced her handicap from 25-12 this summer.
The full list of prizewinners:
- Winner – Rebecca Losh (Worthing) 43 points
- Runner up – Anna Wills (East Sussex National) 39 points
- 3rd place – Lily Margaroli (Worthing) 38 points
- Scratch Runner up – Lauren Hawkins (Beauport Park) 79 gross
- Scratch Winner – Zhane Mayo (Cooden Beach) 77 gross
- Scratch 3rd place – Brandy Rook (Royal Eastbourne) 83 gross
- Nearest the pin – Ellen Nicholas (Ham Manor)
- Longest drive – Lily Margaroli (Worthing)
- Juliet Morgan Trophy for most improved player – Katie Field (Bognor Regis) handicap down from 25.2 to 12.3
- Silver Division Improvers Cup – Megan Edwards (Worthing) handicap down from 17.0 to 10.8
- Bronze Division Improvers Cup – Holly Crompton (West Hove) handicap down from 22.6 to 12.1
- Aggregate Handicap Spring & Autumn Meeting – Lily Margaroli (Worthing) 76 points
- Aggregate Scratch Spring & Autumn Meeting – Hannah Duval (Highwoods) 161 gross
- Langridge Order of Merit – Yasmin Hang (Goodwood)
Many thanks go to Royal Eastbourne for once again hosting this event and their generous hospitality.