Seniors and Veterans
2017 was a very successful year for our Seniors in the League and the 2nd Team Matches where under the stewardship of Jo Galway and Tessa Stockwell, we’ve retained both the Mulligan Larsen Bowl and the Stovold Trophy for the third year in a row. Congratulations to all the players who have participated in these games and kept Sussex on the map.
The Seniors and League Matches take place from June onwards each year and results are posted on these pages, alongside news-posts on the SCLGA home page where you may see more details about the match.
I look forward to seeing many of you at the County Competitions that we hold throughout the year and will be at Hockley in June (25-29) to support the County girls during County Match Week. Wishing you much golfing success during 2018!
Sussex Seniors League Matches 2018
|Weds 25th April||Essex||Cottesmore||Sussex won 4.5 games to 1.5|
|Mon 2nd July||Middlesex||Ealing||Sussex won 4 games to 2|
|Weds 18th July||Kent||Crowborough||Sussex won 5 games to 1|
|Sun 12th August||Surrey||Burhill||Sussex won 3.5 games to 1.5|
Sussex Seniors League Match Results 2018
|Results||Mulligan Larsen Bowl 2017|
Seniors Matches 2018
The dates for the Seniors Matches in 2018 are as follows:-
- Monday 6th August – At Goodwood v Hampshire
- Wednesday 12th September – At Royal Ascot v Berkshire
- Monday 8th October – At Copthorne v Surrey
- Thursday 11th October – At Kings Hill v Kent
The format of the matches if 4 ball betterball (4 pairs).
Carol Smith has asked that any lady who is interested in playing in any of the Seniors must have a handicap of 12 of less and should contact her directly with dates they’re available via email here.
Seniors Matches 2018 Results
Monday 6th August – At Goodwood v Hampshire
- Alison Vans Agnew (Dyke) & Rosie Hockey (RAF) – Won
- Barbara Parker (Golf at Goodwood) & Rosie Chisholm-Hill (Copthorne) – Lost
- Tessa Stockwell (Cowdray) & Kay Grindell (Dyke) – Won
- Lesley Talbot (East Brighton) & Jean Parsons (Nevill) – Lost
Sussex Seniors Report 2017
Winners of the Mulligan Larsen Bowl 2017
Now in its third year, Sussex Seniors have won the Seniors League and retained the Mulligan Larsen Bowl for the third year in a row! Congratulations to Team Captain Jo Galway and her players who have played this year. It’s a team of six playing scratch match play, and the League has now grown to five counties, we played against Surrey, Kent, Middlesex and Essex.
The Sussex players have been:
- Joan Pullen – Cooden Beach
- Iona McKean – Cottesmore
- Debbie Wheeler – Crowborough Beacon
- Alison Vans Agnew – Dyke
- Carol Smith – Goodwood
- Sally Brown – Ifield
- Jo Galway, Aileen Greenfield, Lorraine Everard – Pyecombe
- Katherine Russell, Jacs Marlio – Royal Ashdown Forest
- Teresa Ward – Royal Eastbourne
- Clarissa Bushell, Daisy Kane – West Sussex